The MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System delivers far more insight from forensic DNA than traditional methods with higher resolution than ever before possible. You’ll find the answers you need with a greater degree of certainty with the focused power of Verogen forensic genomics solutions.
Focused power. Deeper insights.
The MiSeq FGx Forensic Genomics System harnesses the power of Illumina’s gold standard sequencing technology. Now forensic examiners can develop more detailed profiles from degraded, mixed and limited biology evidence samples, addressing a wider range of questions in a single interrogation.
Dedicated library kits and analytical software take you from DNA to answer with streamlined efficiency.
ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep Kit
Achieve high resolution and exceptional accuracy
Enables analysis of over 200 genetic markers using a single, streamlined workflow.
Eliminate the need for multiple STR kits
- Interrogate up to 230 STR and SNP markers (plus Amelogenin), with 200 amplicons between 63 – 180 bp
Superior analysis of challenging samples
- Obtain discriminating profiles from low-level and/or degraded DNA
Turn cold cases into hot leads
- Generate phenotypic and ancestry estimations for investigative leads
Increased resolution for mixture samples
- Detect minor contributors at ~1% of major
STR data is compatible with current database formats
- STR data is compatible with current database formats, providing a seamless link between CE-based and MPS data
The most widely adopted sequencing chemistry in the industry
The most complete, integrated workflow currently available, with the lowest base-by-base price.
The highest quality data on the market
- Produces the highest yield of error-free reads with the best performance in repetitive regions
Semi-automated and simple
- Intuitive touch screen and plug-and-play reagents make run set up a snap
- Automated on-board cluster generation and sequencing eliminates unnecessary down time
Flexible sequencing workflows
- Choose from pre-installed Forensic or Research workflows to accommodate your needs
ForenSeq Universal Analysis Software
Because better data needs smarter software.
Specifically designed to make forensic genomics data review easy and efficient.
See exactly what’s in your sample at every locus, at every base.
- Intuitive data visualization of STRs and SNP data at both sample and locus levels
Ensure the data is the highest quality for reliable results.
- Sample controls and Quality indicators simplify data analysis
Additional reporting for deeper insight
- Statistical estimates of ancestry, phenotype and profile frequencies can provide leads, even on cold cases
Mitochondrial sequencing, targeted amplifications, and more
Even more products to address your needs.
Nextera XT DNA Library Prep Kit
Prepare sequencing-ready libraries for small genomes like mitochondrial DNA in less than 90 minutes.
TruSeq Nano LP kit
Generate whole-genome sequencing libraries and efficiently interrogate samples with limited available DNA
MiSeq RUO reagent kits
Generate high quality sequencing data for additional applications.
Request Additional Information
Have a question for our forensic genomics application experts? Need support or want to request a quote or free software demo? Please fill out this brief form and we will respond as soon as possible.
You can also call us at 1.833.837.6436 toll-free (North America) or +1.858.285.4101